OXENHOPE Recreation knocked holders Silsden Whitestar out of the Keighley and District FA Challenge Cup on Saturday.

Oxenhope, who won 2-0 at Silsden, gained revenge for their defeats at the hands of Silsden in the final two years ago and in the semis last season.

The home side started the stronger but on the quarter hour Oxenhope's Owen Williamson drove down the right, won a corner and then crossed for Dan Scott to force the ball home.

Ten minutes later, Oxenhope's Luke Brooksbank produced a solo effort, carving his way through the Silsden defence and then confidently placing his strike beyond the keeper.

The lead put the visitors in control but Silsden were always dangerous on the break.

Oxenhope's cause was not helped when defender Keann Shaw was carried off just before the break with a bad knee injury.

Silsden came out for the second half determined to get back into the tie and maintain their grip on the cup but Oxenhope's defence was resolute as the home side applied continuous pressure.

When the Oxenhope back line was breached, the holders found man-of-the-match keeper Eddie Jackson in outstanding form as he pulled off a string of fine saves to maintain a clean sheet and see Oxenhope through to the semi-finals.

In the Craven League, Grassington United were overtaken by Trawden Celtic Juniors at the top of the Premier Division.

Trawden, who got goals from Dalton Hutchinson, Paul Michael Cruz and Thomas Swindells, won 3-1 at home to Skipton Town in one of two matches played in the Premier Division. Ben Cox was on the mark for Skipton.

Second placed Grassington, however, did have a good weekend as they beat Rimington 4-1 in the quarter-finals of the Craven FA Challenge Cup on Saturday.

Third placed Rolls also played in the Craven Cup, beating Waddington 3-0 at home, thanks to goals by Jake Holgate, Liam Garbutt and Harry Groves.

In the other Craven League Premier Division game, Settle United are moving back up the table after they beat Bingley Town 4-2.

Daniel Bathers, John Beckwith, Matthew Cavanagh and Tom Strickland scored the goals for Settle.

In Division One, AFC Barnoldswick drew 5-5 with Grassington United Reserves at Victory Park.

Callum Thomas led the way for the Barlick side, bagging a brace, and his teammates Carl Osadzenko, Callum Uttley and Luke Scott scored a goal each.

Christian Moon netted a brace for Grassington, while James Morgan, Paul Wright and substitute Edward Lazenby added a goal each for the visitors.

Addingham, who are bottom of the division, lost 5-0 to Trawden Celtic Juniors Reserves in the quarter-finals of the Division One Cup. Sean Thompson bagged a brace for the Lancashire side.

Earby Town's challenge for the Division Two title took a hit when they lost 3-2 in a close match against Baildon Trinity Athletic.

Jordan Driver and Jake Hargreaves were on the scoresheet for Earby, but the Baildon side prevailed to move into second place.

Eight different players were on the scoresheet for leaders Salts 3rds as they trounced bottom side Skipton Town Reserves 8-1. Graham Hunn was on target for Skipton in the loss.

A brace by Jacob Hopper saw iPlay FC move in fourth place after beating Bradley 4-0.

In Division Three, Cross Hills Reserves came from behind to draw 2-2 at Otley Town A.

Second half goals by Luke Newton and substitute Jordan Hough saw the South Craven side share the spoils.

Division leaders Salts 4ths cruised to a 4-1 victory against Cononley Sports Club 2nds.