SEVERAL clubs from the Bradford District have seen their league campaigns declared over.

The FA’s Alliance and Leagues Committees have proposed that the 2020/21 season of Steps 3 to 6 of the National League System be curtailed, subject to ratification by The FA Council.

The sides affected in our area are Thackley, Eccleshill, Albion, Campion, Liversedge, Brighouse, Silsden and Steeton.

Crucially for title-chasing Liversedge (Step 5) and Campion (Step 6), no decision has been made yet on sides being promoted or relegated at their level, meaning there could still be a reprieve.

Sedge are still in the FA Vase, which is at the last-32 stage, and the FA have signalled their intention to restart that competition in early April.

But there was seemingly too much to do to get leagues going again, and the FA said: “Submissions were made by 99.1 per cent of clubs at Steps 3 and 4, and 95.8 per cent of clubs at Steps 5 and 6.

“The results of the survey showed that over 76 per cent of all clubs across Steps 3 to 6 indicated a preference to curtail the 2020/21 league season if it could not be restarted with limited spectator numbers and hospitality before April 1, 2021.

“Taking into account the views of clubs and leagues, it was decided that extending the 2020/21 league season beyond the end of May 2021 would not be a viable option.

“This was due to the financial implications for many clubs, player contracts and the extent of the fixture scheduling issues, which had resulted in there being 81 per cent of matches left for Steps 3 and 4, and 75 per cent at Steps 5 and 6.

“Given the survey results and the ongoing impact of Covid-19, the FA’s Alliance and Leagues Committees have reached a consensus that subject to the approval of The FA Council, the 2020/21 league season for Steps 3 to 6 of the NLS should be curtailed immediately, with no further league matches taking place this season.

“The Committees will now present their collective recommendations to The FA Council for ratification.

“Subject to The FA Council’s decision regarding the curtailment of the season at Steps 3 to 6, both committees will revisit discussions around a potential restructure at Steps 4 to 6 of the NLS, which was previously agreed and has been on hold since 2019/20.

“A further update on this will be provided in due course.”