STEETON are starting to find some form in the NWCFL First Division North, and they turned in probably their best performance of the season to thump their hosts Ashton Town 6-2 on Saturday.

Kayle Price was the star of the show, netting two long-range screamers as part of a stunning hat-trick, while his strike partner Andy Briggs was on target twice.

Teenager Joe Snowden also got in on the act with a strike of his own.

Roy Mason's side went off like a train, and found themselves 2-0 up in the opening six minutes.

Price opened the scoring with a fine strike from 25 yards, before Snowden turned home Toby Jeffrey's near post cross.

Jerry White then hit the post with a header as the Chevrons threatened to run riot, but the home side composed themselves to get back into the game.

They hit the woodwork, before Jamie White missed a free header.

Ashton did pull one back after 17 minutes, when Tom McNamara produced a brilliant strike to find the far corner despite being forced wide.

The next few minutes were end to end, before Price got on the end of a long ball from Jeffrey to make it 3-1.

Moments later it was four, when Briggs latched on to a through ball and crashed it past the goalkeeper from the edge of the box.

Ashton dominated the rest of the half, but good work from Steeton stopper George Bristol, a big miss from home man Alex Noonan and a superb goalline clearance from Josh McKiernon ensured the visitors remained 4-1 up at the break.

Leon Wright was dismissed for a second bookable offence for the home side after 58 minutes, and Steeton immediately took advantage.

From the resulting free-kick, Briggs beat the offside trap and, in acres of space, he headed home to make it five.

Ben Kendall's header almost made it 6-1, but that went wide via the post, while Bristol was forced into a superb save at the other end after the ball came through a sea of bodies.

Kendall and Bristol had to be alert on two separate occasions in the space of 60 seconds to prevent an Ashton second, and instead it was Steeton who got the next goal.

The ball was fed into Price, who turned, looked up, and fired a stunner into the top corner from 30 yards out for his hat-trick.

Ashton had the final say, with John Edgerton finishing off a fine team move with 10 minutes to go.

But it was far too little, too late for the hosts.

They dropped to eighth with the defeat, while Steeton moved up a couple of places to 14th.

The Chevrons' next game is back at Marley, at home to mid-table Garstang this Saturday.