An engineer died at his home after overdosing on anti-depressants, an inquest heard.

Thomas Paton, 52, of Braithwaite Drive, Keighley, who had a history of depression, was found dead by friends in August last year, the hearing in Bradford on Friday was told.

A post mortem examination found he died from pneumonia, caused by an overdose of the prescription drug amitriptyline, the court heard.

A statement by neighbour Jonathan Green, which was read out in court, said he had complained of feeling unwell shortly before his death.

Acting Bradford Coroner Paul Marks, who returned an open verdict, said he was unable to tell from the evidence gathered whether Mr Paton had intended to take his own life.