IT was a mixed day for the local clubs in the first round of the FA Vase with one going through, one bowing out and another facing a replay.

Thackley were the big winners as they went to Silsden’s North West Counties Premier Division rivals Litherland REMYCA, beating their hosts 4-1, as both sides ended without the full complement of players after three red cards.

The first was shown to REMYCA’s Ryan Dobson after just seven minutes before the visitors went in front as Dan Broadbent converted the resulting free-kick. The Dennyboys doubled their lead through James Ngoe but Peter Silcock pulled one back for the hosts just before half-time.

Thackley were awarded a penalty midway through the second half and Kieran Thompson fired it in. The home side were reduced to nine men when Jake Connor was shown a second yellow card and Thackley were down to 10 men when Jordan Hendrie was given a second yellow five minutes before time.

The Northern Counties East League Premier Division outfit wrapped up the scoring in the last minute when Jordan Hines scored their fourth.

Thackley’s league counterparts Staveley Miners Welfare had home advantage with Silsden making the trip to Chesterfield, but the clubs face a replay at the Cobbydale Construction Stadium after 120 minutes of football failed to separate the sides.

The visitors broke the deadlock at Inkersall Road, with Will Storrie on target, but the Trojans hit back immediately through Jahmal Riley. Danny Forrest’s men were back in front after the break when Aidan Kirby struck in the 67th minute.

However, their lead lasted just five minutes as Tyla Bell netted the Trojans’ second equaliser. Extra-time failed to produce a goal so the sides will meet on Tuesday for the replay.

Steeton were beaten at home by North West Counties Division One North rivals Avro after a game of two halves. The Chevrons were 2-0 up at the break after Andy Briggs and Aaron Hollindrake had both scored inside the first 12 minutes.

Duncan Knott gave the Oldham-based visitors hope when he halved the deficit before the hour-mark. Knott grabbed his second in the 77th minute and Avro broke their hosts' hearts with a last-minute winner, Joe Bevan making it 3-2.