A SILSDEN boxer believes he has what it takes to shake up the domestic heavyweight scene once more when he appears on TV for a second time.

Last December, Danny Whitaker dealt prospect Jonathan Palata his first defeat live on BT Sport, and now he is targeting to do the same to another hot talent in the Queensbury Promotions stable, David Adeleye on the undercard of British super fight Daniel Dubois v Joe Joyce.

The Londoner will be a tougher test though with his heavy handiness already scoring knockouts in all of his first three pro bouts.

Winning the Senior ABA's in 2018, and holding his own as one of Tyson Fury's sparring partners for the Brit's win over Deontay Wilder, shows the 24-year-old is destined for big things in the sport.

Whitaker, who was set to fight Kash Ali in Sheffield Arena's car park before this chance came along, knows Adeleye is the favourite on paper but the 4-1 fighter feels he can use that to his advantage.

"When this opportunity came on such a big card, it was a no brainer," he said.

"He has boxed three journeymen. The difference is I am coming to win. I am not going to stand in front of him with my hands high and let him tee off.

"He hits hard and is quite athletic. He is only 16 stone, he doesn’t look it, because he is massive.

"If I stay away from those big shots early on, hopeful I will box my way to victory."

Trainer Craig Wood thinks Adeleye is in for a shock when the pair face off behind closed doors at the Church House, Westminster.

"There is not many heavyweights who can move like Danny," Wood claimed.

"It will be a tough night for David. I think he has looked past Danny.

"Danny hasn’t got a big amateur background but we like upsetting the odds. I think he will bring the goods home."

Whitaker was part of a select few boxers able to get out before the sport came to a standstill, outpointing domestic rival Chris Healey in March.

The 30-year-old admits it was hard to keep motivated during the period.

"It was mentally tough," the 'Big Dawg' added.

"I let myself go for a couple of months. I didn’t train so I put on a bit of weight.

"It was a bit depressing in that I didn’t know when the next fight was going to come. I was hoping that this was going to be my breakthrough year."

After training twice a day, as well as a working in telesales nine to five, he set off for life in the 'bubble' today desperate for Saturday to be his night.

"I have barely seen my kids and my misses.

"I am looking forward to spending more time with them over Christmas, and celebrating when I hopeful get another win over one of Frank Warren's fighters.

"I will never go looking for the knockout. If it comes fantastic, if not I am just going to box his head off."