IT was a disappointing afternoon for Yorkshire Two leaders Keighley, who suffered a rare blip in only drawing 16-16 at struggling Leeds Corinthians.

Although they dominated territory and possession for the majority of the game they were unable to subdue a busy home side, and subsequently dropped their first points of the season.

Keighley, having made seven changes to their line-up, made a reasonable start to the game, but unfortunately, proceedings quickly became very error-strewn due to inaccuracy from both teams.

Eventually, the visiting side gained the upper hand and put some reasonable moves together, but Leeds held their ground well and absorbed the pressure.

They then forced their way into Keighley territory and were awarded a penalty that full-back Harry Shackleton converted.

The away side regained their composure but lacked their normal fluidity, which played into the hands of the committed Corinthians defence.

However, the pressure told and Keighley were rewarded for their efforts with a series of penalties that were well within range.

Perhaps due to misplaced confidence they either kicked to touch or took a quick tap and were therefore unable to turn the pressure into points.

In the end though, something had to give.

A tentative break down the wing by Kristian Bealey- Kay was recycled quickly by the forwards and prop Ed Cleaver crossed for a try, which was converted by Alex Brown to give Keighley a 7-3 lead.

Towards the end of the half, Keighley conceded a penalty, and an extra three points for Harry Shackleton brought the hosts back to within one point at the interval.

The second half was an equally dour affair, with Keighley once again dominating proceedings but being unable to break down an energetic, competitive defence.

After a prolonged period of what seemed like one-way traffic, their only reward was a further penalty for outside half Brown to put them 10-6 in front.

Corinthians raised the intensity of their game but were thwarted by the Keighley defence.

Once again Keighley forced their way into opposition territory and were awarded two penalties for their efforts.

Alex Brown duly converted both to give them a seemingly unassailable 10-point advantage heading into the final few minutes of the game.

But Corinthians were not done yet, and their excellent scrum-half Adam Avison pounced on a loose ball to cross in the corner, with full-back Shackleton adding the difficult conversion to make the score 16-13.

Right at the death, Keighley were adjudged to have handled in a ruck, which allowed kicker Shackleton to level the scoring and grab his side some precious points.

This coming Saturday, Keighley are again on the road, facing another tough challenge at second-placed Hullensians, who are just seven points behind them in the table.