LAST WEEKEND’S soaring temperatures were replaced with snow at some grounds in the Craven League, but that didn’t stop fixtures in both the league and cup from going ahead.

With Premier Division leaders Trawden Celtic Juniors playing in the semi-finals of the Northern Plant Hire Trophy, Grassington United took full advantage, recording a 3-1 win away at Cononley Sports Club.

Kyun Ellison and Fred Midgley were again on the scoresheet for the visitors, with the victory moving them within six points of their rivals.

Skipton Town and last-placed Bingley Town were also in action in a seven-goal thriller in North Yorkshire, though strikes from Josh Newton, Andrew Nicholson and substitute Sam Kimberley were not enough to prevent the hosts from suffering back-to-back defeats.

With AFC Crossleys already confirmed as Division 1 champions, all attention turned to the chasing pack and a tasty clash between Baildon Trinity Athletic and Ingleton, with just a point between the second and third-placed teams.

Nothing could separate the sides in their last league meeting in February and that proved to be the case again, with a 2-2 draw doing little to benefit either team.

However, there were goals galore in the only other match in the division between Settle United Reserves and iPlay, Daivaras Martinkus’s hat-trick enough for the hosts to run out 4-2 winners.

Division 2 leaders Padiham FC Juniors remain on course to claim the title after a comfortable 3-0 win at Grindleton.

Goals from Joe Noone and Josh Waddington secured the points for the Lancastrians, who recorded their 14th win of the season in the process.

However, there’s been no change at the top of the division, with Barnoldswick Barons Senior Open Age still eight points behind after Matt Bowker’s double saw them secure the points in the derby at Barlick Wanderers.

A brace from Scott Russell also helped Sutton claim a 3-1 win at home to Bradley, while last-placed Cowling Reserves picked up their fourth point in as many matches with a 1-1 draw at home to Otley Town 3rds.

In Division 3, Settle United 3rds suffered a setback in the race for promotion after being put to the sword in an action-packed encounter at Addingham Reserves.

Goals from Ian Horrocks and debutant Paul Petchey saw the hosts take a 3-1 lead into half time, before Andrew Brightman and Matthew Vaughan came off the bench to score two apiece after the break.

However, the 8-1 scoreline didn’t tell the whole story of the match, with ‘Dingham indebted to goalkeeper Scott Tennant for two penalty saves to help his side record back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

Elsewhere, iPlay 2nds fought back from a half-time deficit to draw 2-2 at home to Sutton Reserves, while Otley Town 4ths did well to hold second-placed AFC Crossleys Reserves to a goalless draw.

Away from the league, there were two fixtures in the aforementioned Northern Plant Hire Trophy, where it was a fantastic afternoon for Division 3 favourites FC Keighley United Open Age.

Not just content with pulling off a giant-killing against Division 1 Salts 3rds, they did so in style with a 6-1 victory that sets up a quarter-final tie against Baildon Trinity Athletic at Marley in just over a week’s time.

Trawden Celtic Juniors also continued their remarkable form into the Trophy with a 2-1 win against fellow Premier Division outfit Silsden Whitestar.

Jake Hart’s double proved the difference for the hosts, who face Rolls Reserves for a place in the final on 12 April.