STEETON extended their winning run to four games, making in seven unbeaten in the process, by coming from behind on the road to beat AFC Blackpool 2-1.

On a tricky, rutted surface at Jepson Way, a trademark brace from skipper Andy Briggs saw the Chevrons recover from falling behind to continue their outside chance of making the North West Counties Football League First Division North play-offs.

And Roy Mason’s side were good value for their win, as they continued their memorable February to date.

The first half was a dull affair, with half-chances all that were on offer, as both sides struggled to get going.

Steeton were wasteful from set-pieces, as the home side regularly left their far post unattended, while Blackpool tried to force proceedings with efforts from range, but struggled to trouble James Catlow.

The hosts had a good opportunity to take the lead on the half-hour mark, but Charlie Lloyd managed to make a solid block at the back.

Instead, it was the visitors who came closest in the first half, as Briggs saw an effort from inside the area deflected on to the post, before heading wide after finding himself free from the resulting corner.

Steeton started the second half brightly, Briggs finding the back of the net, but his effort was ruled out after the linesman raised his offside flag.

The visiting skipper must have thought it was going to be one of those nights just minutes later, after he was denied by a superb low save from close range by Dan Hall in the Blackpool goal.

Despite it looking as if Steeton were getting on top, the home side scored the opening goal of the evening.

After being forced to see out a dangerous cross towards the six-yard box for a corner, the set-piece that followed proved even more deadly.

Steeton failed to deal with the delivery, allowing the ball to bounce around the area.

It was eventually scrambled into the back of the net by Brendan O’Brien, after the midfielder managed to get his feet free to knock the ball past Catlow.

Falling behind turned out to be just a minor setback for Steeton, as they equalised 90 seconds later.

Blackpool keeper Hall failed to clear a ball inside his own area and lost his footing under pressure.

From there, Briggs finally got his goal, reacting quickly from a tight angle with a first-time finish to bring the two sides back level on the scoreboard.

This opened the game right up, with Catlow forced into two good saves either side of Jake Townsend having a penalty appeal waved away, despite the tackling defender seemingly getting all of the winger and none of the ball.

Minutes later though, a penalty was awarded to Steeton, presenting them with a golden opportunity to take the lead.

Josh McKiernon, introduced from the bench after the first goal, played a superb ball into the area with Briggs attempting to race on to it.

Hall raced out but missed the ball, taking out the striker in the process, giving the referee no option but to point to the spot.

Briggs dusted himself off and crashed the penalty into the top corner to give his side the lead, scoring his 30th goal of the season in the process.

With the turnaround complete and now defending a lead heading into the final 10 minutes, the visitors came under real pressure as Blackpool pushed for an equaliser.

But Steeton held firm, and saw the match out to record another victory, leaving them nine points off the play-offs with nine games to go.