KEIGHLEY Cougars came from behind to record their second win of the Betfred Championship season against London Broncos yesterday afternoon.

After last week's heartbreak at Batley, conceding with the last play of the game to lose 28-23, Keighley bounced back magnificently, overturning a 16-4 half-time deficit to beat their visitors from the capital 33-22.

Rhys Lovegrove’s Cougars, who were without star half-back Luke Gale, had a nightmare start yesterday, when Paul Ullberg went over in the corner after three minutes.

The Broncos soon grabbed their second try as Abbas Miski crashed over the line.

It was the Lebanese international's first try for the club since rejoining the club on dual registration from Super League outfit Wigan Warriors.

Oli Leyland, who had missed his opening attempt, nailed this one to put his side 10-0 up.

The Cougars got themselves back into the game through Mo Agoro, as the Jamaican winger dived in at the corner following a pass from Robbie Storey.

But the Broncos hit back again as Alex Walker went over under the posts for a converted try to send the visitors into the break 16-4 ahead.

Whatever Lovegrove said at the interval worked as the Cougars scored thee tries in the opening 10 minutes of the second half to gain the lead for the first time.

First, full-back Lewis Young made some metres before offloading to to Charlie Graham, who raced 70 meters to the line to give the hosts some real hope, Dane Chisholm converting to close the gap to six points.

Brenden Santi then crashed over from close range as Keighley scored their second try in as many minutes, the Italian international scoring his first of the season.

Chisholm's subsequent kick pulled the hosts level and the comeback was complete when Robbie Storey raced over for a converted try following a pass from Young.

But back came the Broncos as Jarred Bassett crossed with 15 minutes left to play, Leyland levelling the scores at 22-22 from the tee.

The hosts nudged themselves ahead with seven minutes left through the boot of Chisholm, the Australian-born half-back scoring his second drop goal in as many games to set up a grandstand finish.

But London threw away their chance of victory with a pair of costly sin-binnings.

Sam Davis's professional foul with 10 minutes to go saw him yellow carded, and Graham gave his side a five-point lead by dotting the ball down in the corner for his second try soon after.

Ethan Natoli's yellow for a trip left the Broncos down to 11 men and Keenen Tomlinson crashed over on the hooter, with Chisholm converting, to give the hosts the much-needed points to move up to eighth in the 14-team table.

The result leaves the Broncos third-bottom, with just one win from their opening five games.