STEETON made it three consecutive wins with a comprehensive 3-0 away victory away at Holker Old Boys.

Making their longest journey of the season midweek, a sensational team performance blew their hosts away to move Roy Mason’s side up to sixth in the early league standings.

It puts them in good stead ahead of Saturday’s visit of leaders Euxton Villa to Marley.

Attacking down the slope in the first half, the Chevrons found themselves on the front foot after getting the better of the early arm wrestle.

The officials played advantage after Mo Farhan Subhani was clattered late as he looked to shift the ball forward.

Making the most of that, Arale Mohamed broke down the left wing and put a teasing ball across the face of the Holker goal.

Despite the initial delivery going behind Josh Coe, it landed at the feet of Jake Townsend at the near post.

He had his back to goal, but managed to turn the centre half and drive the ball low to the keeper’s left into the back of the net.

Toby Jeffrey then fired wide as he looked to double Steeton’s lead before Josh Kaine cleared what appeared to be a certain equaliser for the hosts.

Heroic Holker defending blocked two efforts in quick succession before the second goal of the evening arrived for the visitors.

After putting an effort over James Catlow’s bar, the goalkeeper set his side off down the slope.

The ball again found its way down the left wing to Mohamed, who had beaten the offside trap. 

He had a clean run down the channel and squared the ball into the six-yard box, where Coe was on hand to tap into the empty net.

Looking to find a third goal, Steeton created two half-chances but both Josh McKiernon and Josh Walne saw their efforts go agonisingly wide.

After the interval, the home side began the second half the brighter of the two sides and were extremely unlucky to not halve the deficit.

With Catlow off his line and on the edge of the area, a long ball forward down the slope caught out the goalkeeper but struck the post.

It bounced back into a dangerous area but Catlow made up for his positioning error by making an outstanding save with his outstretched foot from the rebound to turn the effort around the post for a corner.

This injected life back into the away side, and the third goal to kill the game as a contest soon followed.

Jack Lynn found space down the left wing and attempted to whip a cross towards the far post.

A backtracking Holker defender got a touch on the delivery, pushing it towards his own goal, and leaving his goalkeeper in a compromising position with two Steeton attackers racing towards the ball.

Initially pulling off a strong close range save to deny Raeece Ellington, the ball fell into the path of the supporting Coe to tap the ball unchallenged into an empty goal.

Playing with freedom, Steeton drove up the slope looking to extend their lead further.

With all five substitutes on the pitch, Emmanuel Amole thought he had his side’s fourth of the evening, however a late offside flag denied the winger a second in as many games.

McKiernon was booked for kicking the ball away to block a quick free kick, then in injury time, an outstanding diving save from the Holker goalkeeper denied Subhani a sensational strike into the top corner to round off the win in style.