Silsden booked their place in the FA Vase first round proper following a 3-1 victory over Northern League side Billingham Synthonia at The Office Interiors Stadium on Saturday.

Adam Clayton opened the scoring for the Cobbydalers before a Kayle Price double gave them a three-goal advantage.

The visitors made it a nervy last 15 minutes following Mitch Noble’s second-half strike, but a superb penalty save from Kyle Trenerry put a stop to any thoughts of a potential late comeback.

Either side could have been ahead in an action-packed opening to the game.

Isaac Baldwin curled wide early on and Cody Cromack saw a close range effort well saved by Synners' keeper Ollie Simpson.

At the other end, Matty Willshaw looked to have given the visitors the lead when his low shot drifted just wide of the upright after he was released through on goal.

It was Sils who opened the scoring on 18 minutes however, and it was a first goal in red and black for Clayton, who rose highest to power home a header from an Ellis Hudson corner.

Another corner proved fruitful on the half-hour mark.

A whipped delivery was met by the head of Price, who sent the ball into the far corner and doubled the home side's advantage.

Billingham should have clawed a goal back before the break, Jack Winstanley digging out a cross to the back-post only for Alex Bruton to send the ball over on the volley.

After the interval, Cobbydalers keeper Trenerry was called into action, coming off his line quickly to deny substitute Ryu Williamson.

Despite their bright start to the second half, the visitors found themselves three goals behind on 55 minutes.

Price once again continued his goalscoring form, picking up the ball inside the area and firing a low strike into the bottom corner.

A defensive error allowed Synthonia back into the tie, Noble capitalising on the mistake and finishing well to give the visitors hope heading into the game’s final period.

Late drama ensued in the 93rd minute as the referee pointed to the spot, giving Billingham a potential late lifeline.

Captain Liam Travers stepped up and saw his spot kick wonderfully saved by Trenerry with a diving stop down to his right hand side.

The result sees the Cobbydalers into the first round proper for the first time in five years, where they will travel to Redcar Athletic.

Next up, Silsden welcome Goole to the Office Interiors Stadium tonight, with kick off at 7:45pm.