WITH Thornton United pulling out of the West Riding County Amateur League last week, leaders Salts were without a game.

So they could only wait to see if second-placed Route One Rovers reduced the gap at the Premier Division summit to two points.

They entertained fifth-placed Steeton at Esholt and Andy Briggs gave Steeton the early advantage before Jonathon Mwembie levelled to send the teams into half-time all square.

Both sides strived for the winner, which fell to Ben Richardson to give the visitors a 2-1 victory.

Littletown entertained Wibsey at Beck Lane and, after a goalless first half, won 2-1 to move level on points with their visitors.

Two goals from Rob Bordman gave the home side the advantage before Jordan Nortin reduced the arrears.

Huddersfield-based DRAM Community and Lepton Highlanders met at the former club's ground and Lepton ran in nine goals without reply.

Chris Woodhouse, Stephen Brown, Chris Gillespie and James Cusworth all netted braces, with Mark Godley making up the tally.

Britannia Sports moved off the foot of the table with a 2-1 victory at last season's champions Lower Hopton.

Doran Jordan netted both of Britannia's goals, while Liam Royal replied.

Ovenden West Riding stretched their unbeaten run in Division One to 12 games with a 5-1 home victory against Tingley Athletic.

John Booth took his tally of goals for Ovenden to 54 with a treble and he was assisted by one each from Damian Randall and Andrew Bailey (penalty).

Steeton Reserves stay second after a Will Knight treble and a brace from Brannan Lawn gave them a 5-0 home win against bottom-placed Bradford FC.

Salts Reserves and TVR United shared four goals with a 2-2 draw, while Overthorpe SC trounced visitors Hunsworth 8-1.

Golcar United failed to take the last place in the semi-finals of the West Riding County FA Challenge Cup as they lost 2-1 at home to Yorkshire Amateur League club Alwoodley.

Richard Kettlewell opened the scoring for Golcar before they conceded a penalty that Deno Mulavdic converted.

The latter player then headed home in the second half to give his side their first appearance in the last four.